Warnick Consultants, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides professional bookkeeping and accounting services and consulting to small- and medium-sized businesses and is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. We help business owners create customized accounting systems to run their companies more efficiently, allowing them to focus on their true love: the reason they started their company in the first place. Our passion is watching businesses grow and prosper.
The part-time Administrative Assistant has a combined responsibility of assisting the President of Warnick Consultants with calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, invoicing and expenses, and other tasks to assist in her overall productivity, along with general office administration of a small but growing consulting business. This position requires a high level of self-direction and the ability to manage multiple tasks, demands from various stakeholders, and to think and respond quickly, proactively, and effectively. Other duties may include light event planning, note taking, coordination of meetings, and some technology trouble shooting to keep the President on track and connected to the business. Strong technology skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills, a must. A good attitude is a must as this position is essential in contributing to and helping maintain a positive, friendly, and professional office environment. Confidentiality and discretion are necessary, as is flexibility.
If you are looking for a career with a Corporate Caring Finalist company where you can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, Warnick Consultants may be right for you. We offer flexible schedules to maintain work-life balance.
- Oversee the daily operations of the President’s office, including ensuring policy and procedure for this position is developed and implemented.
- Help manage the President’s schedule to ensure accuracy and timeliness, as well as maximum efficiency.
- Assist with stakeholder (customers, vendors, employees, etc.) communication; ensure satisfactory resolution of any issues; compile and complete accurate documentation for client files.
- Interact with clients for the purposes of scheduling, follow-up and information and always maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Coordinate among staff to resolve day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Ensure accuracy and documentation of all information such as billing, hours, client agreements, etc. and work directly with consultants as needed to reconcile.
- Process payroll and track employee vacation and personal time.
- Manage AP/AR for Company, ensuring all invoices are prepared and sent to clients in a timely manner, and all accounts receivables are not over 30 days.
- Assist consultants with client mailings by folding invoices, stuffing envelopes, applying postage and dropping invoices off at the post office.
- Plan staff meetings and events and take minutes of meetings as well as manager action items list.
- Coordinate with Company vendors (marketing, HR, attorney, etc.) to gather and distribute needed information for Company’s uninterrupted operations.
- Support consultants with client communications and general needs.
- Set up and manage all company and client files and systems and processes.
- Draft and manage client engagement letters, including identifying client contact and other information needed for files, billing, and general interactions.
- Establish policies regarding security of facilities, records, files, and materials.
- Greet clients in office, via telephone, and electronic communication, in pleasant and professional manner.
- Manage general communications into and out of company general channels such as email, phone, and other forms of company communications.
- Create drafts of new client Service Agreements and assist with moving new client onboarding processes forward.
- Organize and order office supplies; ensure least amount of waste, maximum profitability, and overall quality and satisfaction outcomes with stakeholders related to these items.
- Create positive work environment through maintaining a positive attitude, proactive and regular communications, activities, and management of workflow and interactions.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all functional areas of the organization regarding basic IT needs, including general troubleshooting, email and network account management, software updates, and new software purchasing.
- Conduct Warnick bank deposits and carry out occasional assistance with client bank deposits.
- Schedule team year-end client review meetings.
- Order and occasionally pick up lunch.
- Oversee and coordinate the year-end client 1099 effort.
- Manage organization’s software licenses and required updates/subscriptions.
- Order, track and organize client software, software keys, and renewal information.
- Support and troubleshoot of organization’s phone systems, including completing updates.
- Audit the company’s resources (including utilities, computers, copiers, telephones, etc.) and recommend upgrades, contract negotiations, and vendor changes.
- Cultivate the relationship with the Warnick IT Support vendor.
- Document various processes and procedures.
- Conduct light marketing, including social media engagement, to build relationships with clients and vendors, ensuring retention and ongoing engagement with company and brand.
Essential Skills: The right candidate will possess the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail as related to files and documentation, scheduling, office environment, billing, inventory, and general team environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot a variety of technologies, including basic office software, telephone systems, printers/faxes, computers, and various mobile devices. Knowledge of Quick Books and other accounting software a bonus.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude to identify potential problems and opportunities, resolve issues early and in a time-sensitive manner, and help business increase its visibility and reach its revenue goals.
- Deadline oriented and detail driven to ensure maximum operational efficiencies and compliance with critical timelines/schedules and third-party IT needs.
- Critical thinking to evaluate multiple solutions and recommend the best as related to Company’s and President’s needs, client care, and the most positive outcome for all stakeholders.
- Fast, efficient, and able to handle multiple projects and demands while ensuring a positive environment and demeanor; flexible and adaptable to handle change.
- Strong written and verbal skills required to produce regular communications, in English, to various stakeholders, including employees, customers, partners, vendors, etc.
- Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding practice operations, client confidentiality, and overall team interactions. Adaptable to the environment in the Warnick office and small business/small staff dynamic and understand the differences in position duties of an Admin Assistant in a small business versus a large or corporate environment.
- 3-5 years minimum experience within a professional services office, creative organization, or similar company and in a similar position.
- Experience assisting multiple professionals, organizing their schedules and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of small business and entrepreneurism strongly preferred.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in central Ohio and no relocation is offered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
Warnick Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.